Normal Installation provides users with the option to create more customized templates in Erstream VMS. Similar to Quick Installation, template naming conventions apply in this process. The following steps outline the process:
1. Priority and Template Order: In addition to the quick setup, you need to specify the priority and order of the template. The data can be entered as high priority 1, normal priority 2, or low priority 3.
2. Callback Addresses: In this step, you can add callback addresses defined in the system for the template. If a callbacks is not assigned to any template, they will not be active.
3. Encode Selections: This step involves making encode-related selections. It consists of the following sub-steps:
Step 1: Package & Order: This step determines how encoding will be performed.
- One by One: Profiles are processed one by one and published. However, this option is not recommended due to the large number of encode/package/upload operations it requires.
- Lowest First: Profiles are processed starting from the lowest. It is not recommended due to the high number of encode/package/upload processes.
- Highest First: Profiles are processed starting with the highest. It is not recommended due to the high number of encode/package/upload processes.
- All: All profiles are processed, and subsequent steps are applied. This is the default and recommended option.
- Package Only: This option should be selected only if no encode operation is required on the VMS side and the files are to be processed directly.
Step 2: Profiles to be processed are selected in this step.
Step 3: Logo Addition (Optional):
- Logo URL: Specify the URL of the logo.
- Position: Set the position of the logo (Left Top, Left Bottom, Right Top, Right Bottom, Center).
- X offset percent: Horizontal position distance in percent.
- Y offset percent: Vertical position offset in percent.
These steps can be skipped using the Skip button.
4. Packing Process Information: In this step, Information related to the packaging process should be added.
Steps 1 and 2: Naming and Deliveries steps. Saving and continuing is sufficient.
Step 3: Select the type of links to be created. HLS, SS, MPD, and Progressive options are available for content links. Other options should be selected for background images (poster/background) and thumbnails.
- HLS (HTTP Live Streaming), SS (Smooth Streaming), MPD (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP)
- If a poster is desired, the background option must be added.
- Thumbnail must be added if desired.
Step 4: Define playlists if multiple playlists are desired. The DEFAULT playlist type is for standard outputs. Outputs are generated according to the SS, MPD, or HLS selection made. This step can be skipped if not desired.
- Low: Covers 576p and below resolutions
- Med: Covers up to 720p resolutions
- High: Covers between 720p and 1080p resolutions
Step 5: Background (poster) creation. Select the time (second) of the content from which the poster will be created. This step is optional, and the output will be produced in three selected resolutions. This step can be skipped if not needed.
Step 6: Thumbnail creation. If sprites are not requested, 100 frames are created. If sprites are requested, images will be created according to the specified interval time (in seconds).
5. Finalizing the Template: In the last step, the template is made ready for use. After this step, ensure that the template screen is marked as "Usable" for further operations within Erstream VMS.