The Channel tab is where the channels to be broadcasted are created and defined. In this section, you will be deciding:
- the name of the channel,
- which predefined video profile will be used,
- DVR options,
- the selection of the content to be shown offline before the broadcasts are made
WARNING: Before creating channels, you should have already created a video profile, content, and a group. If you haven't yet, check out these links:
- What is a Video Profile and How to Create One?
- What is a Content and How to Create One?
- What is a Group and How to Create One?
Here are the steps you should follow to create a channel:
1. Click Add Channel under the Channel tab on the left sidebar menu.
2. Enter the name of your choosing in the Channel Name area. Make sure the name is URL-safe.
3. Select the video profile that your content is in. You can select only one video profile for each channel.
4. Select the content you want to be seen on this channel until the live broadcast begins in the Offline Placeholder Contents area.
5. Click on the "Active" check box to activate this channel.
6. Select the DVR Lenght. If you are going to add an ad slot you might want to select the DVR length longer.
7. Click the Add button on the top right.
8. You have successfully created a channel. You can have other options such as see the Details, Edit, Delete, Copy URL, Live Stream, Download EPG, Schedule List, and Licence Terminate on the three-dot menu (⋯) at the end of the line. You can see all the channels on the Channel List under the Channel tab on the left sidebar.
To successfully create live streams, the next step is creating schedules. You can continue with this article to learn how to create one.