You might already be using another S3 provider and would like to migrate to Merlin Storage. In this article, we will be explaining how to execute this process.
You will need some setup in advance to run this process smoothly:
- Go to this site, download rclone, and extract the zip file.
- Go to your S3 provider site. Copy and note your "access key", "secret key", "region", and "endpoint URL".
- Go to Merlin Panel. Copy and note your "access key", "secret key", "region", and "endpoint URL" of your target bucket.
First, you need to complete the configurations on your buckets and S3 providers:
1. Go to the folder containing rclone.exe and open the Command Prompt by entering cmd to the address bar. With this method, the Command Prompt will open in the correct directory.
2. Enter "rclone config" as the first line and start the configuration.
3. You should create two remotes as source and target. Enter "n" to create a new remote.
4. Enter a name for the remote.
5. In the Option Storage section, enter "5" as Amazon S3 Compliant Storage Providers.
6. In the Option Provider section, choose the provider you are currently using, if it is not listed, enter "22".
7. In the Option env_auth section, enter "1".
8. Enter the access key and the secret key, choose the region of your source bucket and enter the endpoint information of your current provider that you noted earlier.
9. You can keep pressing enter until the configuration is complete.
10. Next, you should create a remote for the target bucket in Merlin Storage. Enter "n" to create a new remote.
11. Enter a name for the remote.
12. In the Option Storage section, enter "5" as Amazon S3 Compliant Storage Providers.
13. In the Option Provider section, since Merlin Storage is not listed there, enter "22".
14. In the Option env_auth section, enter "1".
15. Enter the access key and the secret key, and the endpoint information of your target bucket on Merlin Storage.
16. You can keep pressing enter until the configuration is complete.
17. The configuration you need is completed. Enter "q" to quit the configuration screen.
18. Enter "rclone sync source-name:source-bucket-name target-name:target-bucket-name" in the Command Prompt to sync your object in these two buckets.
- Replace "source-name" and "target name" with the names of the remotes you created during configuration.
- Replace "source-bucket-name" and "target-bucket-name" with the names of your buckets in the storage services.
Some flags that you can use during step 18:
- -p to view real-time transfer statistics.
- -i to test first.
You can check other properties of the sync command via this link.
You can repeat these steps for all of your buckets. You are ready to continue using your storage service with Merlin Storage.