In addition to the detailed statistics and log options, MerlinCDN Management Panel provides an Overview section for distributions. Once you have an active distribution on MerlinCDN you can access some of its critical performance metrics on a single dashboard.
To access Overview section; follow the steps outlined below:
Log in to MerlinCDN Management panel.
In the left navigation sidebar click Overview.
You can filter the results on Overview dashboard based on;
- Distribution : You can view summary data for all distributions or select one from the dropdown menu to sort results.
- Zone : You can view summary data from all MerlinCDN Zones used in your distributions or select one from the dropdown menu to sort results.
- Interval: Dashboard shows summary data for the last 24 Hours by default. You can select from other pre-defined intervals such as last 7 hours, last week, last month etc. from the dropdown.
Right under filter section, there’s another very useful summary data raw including four critical metrics that are listed below. You can narrow down the results by applying filters as explained above.
- Traffic : Displays the total traffic amount
- Requests : Displays the total request number it gets
- Cost : Predicted cost
- Hit Ratio : Cache hit ratio of all requests
Dashboard provides charts and graphs for four metrics as explained below.
Bandwidth graph shows the maximum data transfer rate against time.
You may see peak and lowest BW directly on the graph. You may also see BW info with date time by hovering mouse pointer over the graph. As an example, see peak BW highlighted on the screenshot.
Requests graph shows the number of requests over time.
You may see peak and lowest number of requests directly on the graph. You may also see request count info with date time by hovering mouse pointer over the graph. As an example, see peak lowest request count highlighted on the screenshot.
3. HTTP status codes
HTTP Status Codes chart visualizes HTTP status codes in MerlinCDN responses to the end users’ requests.
You may see total count of a specific status code by hovering the mouse over the chart.
Hits/Misses chart visualizes cache status info in MerlinCDN responses to the end users’ requests.
You may see total count of a specific cache status by hovering the mouse over the chart.